We often change with new recipes to keep our diet exciting, usually sticking with the vegetables and protein with little to no carbohydrates after a certain time of the day. So, with our new recipe experimentations I may often share the meals we've enjoyed, with you hoping that you'll like them just the same.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast (like 4 breasts)
1/2 onion, diced
1 celery stalk
1 clove garlic
16 ounces fat free, low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup Sriracha Hot Chili sauce
6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch strips
8 flour tortillas
What you're going to do:
- In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic, and broth (enough to cover your chicken, add water if needed to cover).
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from pot, reserve ½ cup broth and discard the rest.
- Shred the chicken and return to the slow cooker with the ½ cup broth, and the hot sauce, set on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes. *Makes 3 cups chicken.
- To prepare lettuce wraps, place ½ cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with ¼ cup shredded carrots, celery, and lite dressing of your choice. Wrap up and chow down!
Rather than wrapping the chicken in just the lettuce. We layered using flour tortillas, then lettuce, chicken, carrots, and dressing. Better for little hands to hold.
We really enjoyed this recipe, we hope you enjoy it too. You can find more recipes just for your crock at Crockin' Girls